What! What do you mean natural selection versus evolution?! How is that possible?! - Natural selection was around way before evolution was dreamed up.. Natural selection is what happens.. naturally.. A good example is if we had two islands, home to a certain kind of moth which comes in the variation of white or brown. On one island the trees where the moths hang out, are covered with a white lichen and a lot of the brown moths are picked off by their predators. And of course the white moths multiply filling the island with lots of white moths. But on the other island the opposite is true. The trees are free of the white lichen and it's the white moths which get picked off and decrease. And the island is full of brown moths. The two variations of these moths on the two islands are the result of natural selection, which is a selecting (and separating) of traits present. It's not a branching out in two directions from a previous moth, or trait, into a different kind, or even a new trait. - Another, better example are trees involved in a drought. The trees which have the ability to grow deeper roots, are the tree types which will survive the drought. But the only trees with this ability will be the ones with it written into their DNA code. It's not a growing or evolving of something new, which is what evolution as origins is about, or what is called macro evolution. What is referred to as micro evolution is more accurate to be called natural selection and we observe that all the time. "Observe" is claimed by science, to be a key word when pondering scientific thought.
(Surely) there will be an apocalypse but (I believe) it will be as the Book of Revelation says in the bible, which means first there must be a world government, and then a charismatic "world" leader, at which time (roughly) the world government will have attained world 'peace' or so they will say...
- There will be earthquakes "in various places".. the world government will deplete productivity.. There will be drought, and world 'peace' will be broken as long held disputes flare back up between peoples and nations.
- The world governing will institute marshal law and have control over all resources, it goes downhill from there til there is thermonuclear war surrounding Israel, at which time Christ returns.. And paradise is restored.
- Because thinking ability was endowed, man was able to stray from God/LiFe/Perfection so the rescue was built into history (this unavoidable journey of learning "good from evil" / life from death) and Jesus, the messiah paid the price (died on the cross) taking death for all of us, and in exchange, giving to us, everlasting life.
I've had three things bouncing round my head this week.. The terrible earthquake in Haiti ("there will be earthquakes in various places, this is a beginning of troubles..") and how I've heard two newscasters using the word apocalyptic, one saying massive, etc, just wasn't describing it.. - And the anniversary of Roe Vs Wade (that state usurper). "Horror hath got my soul." - And the "mayday" prayers for the nation on May first.
Isaiah chapter 11, verse 2 says "The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him". (And the rest of the chapter tells how he will subdue the world, "the wolf will dwell with the lamb, the lion will eat straw like the ox, etc.) Then we see at Jesus' baptism, how "the Spirit came down upon Him in the form of a dove and remained"... (John 1:33, which of course we can see by the heaven sent miracles of Jesus). Then after Jesus' death and resurrection (rescue of mankind) came the Day of Pentecost when the "Holy Spirit came down like a mighty wind filling the room where they were and lighting upon each one in tongues of fire". People in the street heard the wind when it came.. (Acts 2:1-6)
- "And God breathed the breath of Life into Adam and he became a living soul.." (Genesis 2:7) www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=isaiah%2011:2&version=NKJV
To be brutally honest, after 2000 years of being handed down through human hands, I think Christianity has picked up some baggage along the way. But what's so surprising? Christianity, after all, is made up of humans. I think too, and I hate to say it, but I think it has also lost some of the glory of its message. I think that's to be expected also.
- And most regrettably, Christianity, like other religions, has been used for politics. And even now, within its group, there are all sorts, just like there are in all other sorts of groups of people. Some are nice, some may not seem as nice, some are good thinkers and some may seem to others not to be! And to top it all off, any ole christian can be having a bad day, and might come off differently than they like. It's all human. But I think the message intended is separate from it all, and is very important, and is also just as pure, good and needed as it ever was and will be.
- I also however, have great respect for all the indigenous beliefs of the peoples and nations. Surely each great religion and faith began upon a great truth someone discovered. And then, like Christianity, some other good things were built upon it, and some not always so good. It's up to us to separate the true threads of a thing, from the threads not true. http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=988529
I love science! But most of us don't look that deeply into the science. It actually takes a LOT of faith to believe in man's current theories on life.. A lot of faith.. Darwin thought there would be TONS of fossils of transitional lifeforms, but all this time later all they have is a handful of particles and pieces they hold up as possibilities.. and some theories thrown in (which are supported upon other theories) all the missing links are, well, missing. And if everything came from those first 113 amino acids lining up just so (mathematically impossible of course) that's a LOT of transitional life forms out there.. some.. where.. Well, that's one point. Another is the DNA code in all living things was not known of in Mr. Darwin's day.. But the list of points is way too long for me to continue. It's a fascinating study! Even the ways they use to date things is questionable and they use the one which supports the popular theory of course, when there's many others which suggest a very 'young' earth. Besides all the breeds of dogs show it doesn't take millions, er I guess it's billions now, years, but, as we know, that's species of dogs within the dog "kind". A catdog is not possible. Even bacteria which is said to mutate into being resistant.. Not so. Antibiotic kills the weaker non resistant and the resistant multiply. That is not growing or evolving new traits, it is separating traits already present (in, you guessed it, the dna code / instructions.)
Many people think the large numbers of breeds of dogs we have been able to come up with is a sure proof of evolution having occurred. But actually, the exact opposite is true, because the many breeds are made up of the dividing and uniting of traits present in dog DNA. New breeds come very quickly. It doesn't take millions of years. And they are all dogs. None of the breeds have grown or evolved new traits, they are made up of DNA traits present in the dog kind DNA. Not only this, but never has there been a cat-dog produced.
- Within every "kind" of animal, there are many possibilities of species. No one has ever witnessed the crossing over of one kind of animal into another. Mr. Darwin was actually quite surprised when archeology failed to come up with virtually millions of 'missing links' or "transitional fossils" his theory of life and origins suggested would be there. http://inner-monastery.blogspot.com/p/faith-or-science.html