Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bit Of A Dry Spell

09/19/12 - I've been having a bit of a dry spell lately, so I've decided to re-read a book I read at the beginning of my "saved" journey. It is called "Waiting On God" by Andrew Murray who lived 1828-1917 and was a very energetic and motivated, prolific writer. I like how the foreword of the book describes him as an elderly gent very intent on what he was writing and would go from book to book, no sooner getting one done and then beginning another. By this time in his life (of writing "Waiting On God") he had developed the habit of writing these little soft cover books in a series of thirty one chapters of a page or two, for easy reading over the course of a month. I'm a slowpoke however and usually take about three days for a chapter!
- This book is about the practice and mindset of always waiting upon/for God. Early on too, around the same time, I also read another great instructional book called "Abide In Me" which was, of course, about the verse and quote of Jesus "I am the vine, you are the branches, abide in me..."
- I bought "Waiting On God" on Ebay a couple or few years ago and plan to look for "Abide In Me" soon, written also, I believe by Andrew Murray.

No comments:

Post a Comment