Saturday, September 22, 2012

What Is Life? Where Are We From? Where Are We Going?

As for me, I have always had a very strong desire to know truth, utter truth, and nothing but the truth. What is life? Where do we come from? Or did come from? ..what is life? and also where, if anywhere, are we headed? So I started my search at a bunch of very good libraries all around Denver, Colorado (USA) where I was living at the time. I studied some on the world religions, meditation and astrology. Astrology, as to co-incidental figurations in the stars, planets and sun and moon at the time of certain occurrences in the world, or in this case, in my life.. I could go into those and a couple are very, very striking! But that might be another story.. I was learning how to meditate which in this case was how to still one's mind quiet enough one could 'hear' God's voice. The main way of doing that, for me, was to hold an image in my mind, with eyes closed, of an eight pointed radiant star, representing to me all that I had been studying, and I later learned it is the star most shown at Christmas as the Bethlehem star.. basically a star of light which rays are a cross and an x.
 - One day I was in the beautiful foothills of the Rocky Mountains sitting at the side of a hill on a sunny day, when all of a sudden, it seemed as though I could 'see' a thought drift across the very blue sky and hit me in the head! Yes, it hit me in the head. And what the thought said was "you've been studying about different forces at work in the universe, what of the force which created the universe and what if that thought has consciousness?" Then it was like a bright light dawned (like a light bulb turning on as they say when you realize something or put something together) and I exclaimed "God!" and it seemed as though I could feel a strong presence, but one I realized I had always known..
- My life completely changed after that day. It got to be when I was in the foothills or nature, I was happy, could feel His Presence, but anywhere else and He was absent! Which made me feel incomplete and out of sorts, til one day I found a Bible tract at my local post office (I met the lady later who was in the habit of leaving them around town). The tract was titled in large letters "God's Great Plan of Salvation".
 - Well, I'll tell ya, I read that thing 4 times and just could not get a handle on it! Something about being imperfect, which leads to death, aka nonlife. I've later learned God himself is Life and Perfection, but endowed thinking ability which includes being able to make choices, but any move away from what God thinks or does, is to become imperfect, the opposite of life. (If you get my drift..?)
- The tract said if I asked Jesus into my heart I would be "saved" (rescued, my journey toward nonlife checked) by Jesus paying the price of my death for me (and everyone else's).
- It was very unusual, but I was home alone that day, so four times I came out of my room where I had knelt at the side of my bed and said that salvation prayer, but came away sort of unbelieving, not that necessarily I didn't believe its message, but could it be true for me? So that's what I asked. And then the sun was setting over the mountains in the west and the sunlight from it came streaming through an inch of open curtain and shone across the room filling the off tv screen with a radiant eight pointed star. As miracles go, it may be small, but ever since then I've had no doubt.
- That was 33 years ago. And 17 years ago my son asked me two questions, which I answered but I wasn't at all happy with my answers so I prayed for the answers, and they came back to me "boom! boom! boom!" and knocked my socks off! And my socks are still knocked off! The questions were "why did God put the tree of good and evil in the garden" (the tree of knowing good and evil) and "isn't it nice we get to be an ant farm?" (So Cynical for one only 16 at the time!)
 - What I found out was that's the whole thing, we're not an ant farm! The whole 'packet' or 'cloud'(?) of information ended with a question to me! "Why did God wait such a very long time, and only create the universe and man and woman, not only after the first bound to occur rebel thought had occurred (as it did in Lucifer high angel) but after it had fully matured into outright sedition and trickery?"
 - So now I keep a blog where I go into these things I learned, mainly that God is Life and is Perfect and Perfection makes no mistakes, therefor the 'end' result of all this can only be the best one possible.. think of it, God being life, lives through, experiences, and suffers, all sufferings which ever occur! Why would He put Himself through all that? Because He's not creating an ant farm, or robots, but His family and an eternally un-breakable paradise, un-breakable, for all will fully understand good from evil / life from death / true from untrue.

No comments:

Post a Comment