Sunday, November 4, 2007

THE KINGDOM OF GOD

Luke 3

21 - "Now when all the people were baptized, Jesus was also baptized, and while He was praying, heaven was opened

22 - and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."

Psalm 2

7 - "I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, "You are My Son, today I have begotten You" - #3205 in Strong's "yalad" "made you apparent".

Mark 9

1 - The Transfiguration - "And Jesus was saying to them - Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the KINGDOM of God after it has come with power"

2 - (and) "six days later, Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John, and brought them up on a high mountain by themselves. And He was transfigured before them

3 - and His garments became radiant and exceedingly white, as no launderer on earth can whiten them....

7 - then a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud, "This is My beloved Son, listen to Him!" (Margin: "or give constant heed to Him".)

8 - All at once they looked around and saw no one with them anymore - except Jesus alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment