Friday, February 22, 2013

What A Long Day!

Can I even remember what was in my mind to blog this morning..?
I came across this sort of, well known saying, recently, "Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God." --G.K.Chesterton.
- And I thought of it later when I read "..the hireling when he sees the wolf, leaves the sheep and flees.." John 10:12,13.
- I hate to leave it at that, after all I don't want to focus on the negative! It's simply preparing just a bit 4 the negative.. and maybe not even us, but maybe our kids and grand kids..
Matthew 24:29-31 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days.. shall they see the Son of man coming on the clouds.. He will send His angels with the great sound of the trumpet and they shall gather His elect from the four winds.."
- "The cow and the bear shall graze,
    their young shall lie down together;
    and the lion shall eat straw like the ox." Isaiah 11:7
- He will settle arguments
between distant
    and powerful nations.
They will pound their swords
and their spears
    into rakes and shovels;
they will never again make war
    or attack one another.
 Everyone will find rest
beneath their own fig trees
    or grape vines,
and they will live in peace.
This is a solemn promise
    of the Lord All-Powerful."
Micah 4:4
                   (Contemporary English Version)
- "...from the four winds.." Some versions read "from the four corners" (of the world) and some have used this verse to claim Jesus thought the world was flat. (Rofl! North, South, East, West! dah.. Oh well, I wasn't born believing either!)
-  "The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.." John 10:11. "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.." John 10:27. ["..the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep." John 10:11]

No comments:

Post a Comment