8TH ‘DAY’ CU Journal, New Testament In A Year
Verses paraphrased due to ©‘s [ref] {thots}
☀️ A.M. Galatians 1:13-19
13 - You’ve heard of my (Paul’s) former life, how I violently persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it! 14 How I was advancing in Judaism faster than many my age, as I was very zealous for the traditions of the fathers.
15 But then, he who had set me apart before I was born, called me by his grace, 16 and was pleased to reveal [apokaluptó] and make known his Son to me, and {then} in me, so I might preach him among the nations.
I didn’t right away consult with anyone. 17 I didn’t go to Jerusalem to confer with those who were apostles before me.
Instead I went away into Arabia. {A desert and monastic, seeking, knocking, listening time?} And later, I returned to Damascus.
{Damascus is where he was headed when the Lord stopped him and called him, then he went about proclaiming the message while he stayed with the Damascus believers. Until there was a threat on his life, and he went to Arabia.
Acts, written by Luke who met Paul later, left out the time from Damascus to Arabia and back to Damascus, Acts 9:18-25.}
18 Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas (Peter) and I remained with him for fifteen days. 19 But I didn’t see any of the other apostles, except James the Lord's brother. (The writer of the letter with his name.)
🌙 P.M. LUKE 18:18-34
18 - A leader came along, who asked Jesus, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit enduring life?”
19 Jesus answered, “Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone. 20 You know the commandments, ‘don’t commit adultery, don’t murder, don’t steal, don’t bear false witness, honor your father and mother.’”
21 And the man said, “I’ve kept all these from my youth!” 22 After hearing this, Jesus said, “Yet you lack one thing. Sell all you have, and give it to the poor. You’ll have treasure in heaven, and come, follow me.” 23 Then the man became sad, for he was very wealthy.
24 Afterwards, Jesus said, “How difficult it is for those who have riches, to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It’s easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”
26 Those who heard it, said, “Then who can be saved!?” 27 He said, “What is impossible to man, is possible with God.” [1Tim.4:10, Jn.12:32, 1Cor.15:22 {22-28 w/ Mt.13:33, key word 3!}
28 Then Peter said, “We have left our homes to follow you.” 29 And Jesus said, “Truly, I tell you, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers, sisters, parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, 30 who will not receive many times more - in this time - and in the age to come, enduring life.”
31 Then going on with the twelve, he told them, “We’re going up to Jerusalem, and everything that’s written about the Son of Man by the prophets will be done. 32 He will be delivered over to the nations, and be mocked, and shamefully treated, and spit upon. 33 And after they flog him, they will kill him. And the third day he will rise.” 34 But they didn’t understand. It was hidden from them, they didn’t understand what he was saying.
Jesus “will draw all” Jn.12:32.
have a good day! ☀️🕊️
{“Christ Crucified” - strong enough to reach all and to appease every conscience.}
Tomorrows verses, 10/03
Galatians 1:20-24 Mark 10:46-52
Wednesdays - ACTS
Fridays - Book of Revelation
Word references - biblehub dot com’s app
Start/End the day with a Psalm (jan 1-20, feb-20’s, mar-30’s, apr-40’s, etc. dec-120-150)
📜🍞 ♱🍷🕊️ (+𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕚𝕔)
w/ language tools when needed
No comments:
Post a Comment