Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Dec-13 From Jn-21 1Cor-16

    a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

  GospeL Verses ~ John 21:16-25

16 - Jesus said to him a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Simon Peter answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”

     Jesus said, “Tend to [poimainΓ³ - act as a shepherd, caring for  and protecting the flock] my sheep.” 17 And he said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was troubled because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” so he said, “Lord, you know everything! You know that I love you!” Jesus said, “Feed my sheep. 18 Truly, I tell you, when you were young, you were used to dressing yourself and walking where you wanted, but when you are old, you will stretch forth your hands, and another will dress you, and take you where you do not want to go.” 19 (This he said to show by what kind of death Peter would suffer in his testifying of God.) And after saying this, he said, “Follow me.” 20 Peter turned and saw the disciple whom Jesus loved (this is how John refers to himself in his gospel account) following them, the one who also had leaned back against him during the supper and had said, “Lord, who is it that is going to betray you?” 21 When Peter saw him, he said, “Lord, what about him?” 22 Jesus said, “If it’s my will he remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow me!” 23 So the saying spread among the believers that this disciple was not going to die. Yet Jesus didn’t say that he wasn’t going to die, but only, “If, it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you?”

     24 This is the disciple who is testifying about these things, and who has written these things, and we know that his testimony is true.

25 But there are also many other things Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the number of books that would be written.

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

        (In the Order Believed Written)

     ~ 1 Corinthians 16:1-7 ~

1 - Now concerning the collection for the saints/the called (collection for the impoverished ‘church’ of believers at Jerusalem) - as I said to the churches of Galatia, 2 on the first day of every week, each of you should contribute as he may prosper, and put it aside, so there need be no collecting when I’m there. 3 And when I arrive, we will send those whom you choose and name by letter, to carry your gift to Jerusalem. 4 If it seems advisable that I should go also, they can accompany me. 5 I’ll visit you after I go through Macedonia, for I intend to pass through there, 6 and perhaps I will stay a while or even spend the winter, so that you may see me on my journey, wherever I go. 7 And I don’t want to see you now just in passing, but hope to spend some time with you. If the Lord permits.

                          ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - Language insights

   adapted from biblehub dot com

     (  ) - thoughts & ruminations


Tomorrow’s Verses:

Matthew 28:16-20

1 Corinthians 16:8-14

            A link to the annual schedule is pinnedin the side column..

               ✔️= posted

Acts this week, 18:1-16 ✔️

Rev/Apoc this week, 18:9-24 ✔️

Prophets - Isaiah 1 - 5 ✔️

       Prophets - Each part includes the previous parts also. Disclaimer, some are long.

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox! ~ hope you have a blessed day.. 

πŸ—ž️πŸ“œ⛲️


No comments:

Post a Comment