Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Dec-20 From Lk-1 2Cor-2

    a paraphrased scripture study

            - - - - - - - - - - - -

  GospeL Verses ~ Luke 1:46-56

(Mary prophecies, called “Mary's Song of Praise” or “The Magnificat” / magnificat is Latin for “my soul”) 46 - And Mary said, “My soul magnifies the Lord! 47 And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior! 48 For he has looked upon his humble maiden. And behold (just think!) from now on all generations will call me blessed! 49 For he who is mighty has done great things for me, and his name is holy. 50 His mercy is for those who revere him from generation to generation. 51 With his mighty arm, he has revealed his strength. He has scattered the proud in the imaginings of their hearts. 52 He has brought down the mighty from off their thrones and has honored the humble. 53 He has filled the hungry, but the rich he has sent away empty. 54 He has helped his servant Israel, because of his mercy 55 which he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and all his offspring to the age (aion/eon).” [Gal.3:29 - If you belong to Christ, then you are (also) Abraham's descendant and an heir according to the promise.] 56 And Mary remained with her for about three months, and then she returned home.

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                   ~ 2 Corinthians 2:10-17

10 - Whoever you forgive, I forgive. Yes, for your sake and with Jesus as my witness, I (Paul) have forgiven what needed to be forgiven. 11 This is to keep Satan from getting the upper hand, for we not unaware of his machinations.

     12  When I went to Troas to announce the good news about Christ, I found that the Lord had already opened the door of opportunity. 13 But I was worried when I didn't find brother Titus there. So I left the other followers and I went on to Macedonia. 14 I’m thankful that God through Jesus always leads us in triumphal procession (reminds me of Rev.6:1-2) and through us, spreads the knowledge of him everywhere, like a fine perfume. 15 For we are the scent of Jesus in God, to those being saved (drawn, called) and to those (still) perishing, a fragrance of warning. 16 To one, a pleasant incense leading to life upon life, to another a troubling scent leading in the opposite way. Who can feel sufficient for this? 17 Too many try to earn profit and to get rich (or important?) from proclaiming and teaching God's message. But we are God's sincere messengers, commissioned by God, and in Christ we speak the message, knowing full well that God is watching.

                          ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word insights, facts,

             cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

Matthew 1:18-25

2 Corinthians 3:1-11

            A link to the reading schedule is pinned.

               ✔️= posted

Acts this week, 18:17-28 ✔️

Rev/Apoc this week, 19:1-8 ✔️

Prophets - Isaiah 1 - 5 ✔️

       Prophets - Each part includes the previous parts also. Disclaimer, some are long.

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox! ~ hope you have a blessed day.. 

πŸ—ž️πŸ“œ⛲️


No comments:

Post a Comment