Thursday, October 3, 2024

Oct-02 From Lk-18 Gal-1

 πŸ•Š️ A paraphrased NT scripture study

   (sometimes w/ commentary) 

  [and original language insight]

         πŸ“œπŸž+πŸ·πŸ•Š️(+Logic)

Today’s GospeL Verses ~ Luke 18:18-34

18 - And a ruler came who asked Jesus, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit enduring life?” 19 And Jesus answered, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. 20 You know the commandments, ‘don’t commit adultery, don’t murder, don’t steal, don’t bear false witness, honor your father and mother.’” 21 And the man said, “I have kept all these from my youth.” 22 After hearing this, Jesus said, “One thing you still lack. Sell all you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven, and come, follow me.” 23 Then the man became sad, for he was very wealthy. 24 Seeing this, Jesus said, “How difficult it is for those who have riches, to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It’s easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

     26 Those who heard it said, “Then who can be saved?” 27 And he said, “The things that are impossible with man, is possible with God.” 28 Then Peter said, “We have left our homes to follow you.”29 And Jesus said, “Truly, I tell you, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers, sisters, parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, 30 who will not receive many times more - in this time - and in the age to come enduring life.”

     31 Then taking the twelve, he said to them, “We’re going up to Jerusalem, and everything that’s written about the Son of Man by the prophets will be done. 32 He will be delivered over to the Gentiles and be mocked, and shamefully treated, and spit upon. 33 And after they flog him, they will kill him. And the third day he will rise.” 34 But they understood none of these things. It was all hidden from them. They did not grasp what he was saying.

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                ~ Galatians 1:13-19 ~

13 - For you’ve heard of my (Paul’s) former life in Judaism, how I violently persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. 14 I was advancing in Judaism faster than many of my age, as I was very zealous for the traditions of the fathers. 15 But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace, 16 was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the nations/gentiles, I didn’t right away consult with anyone. 17 Nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia, and then I returned again to Damascus.

     18 Then after three years had passed, I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas (Peter) and I remained with him fifteen days. 19 But I saw none of the other apostles, except James the Lord's brother. (Writer of the letter from James.)

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word/language insights, usually from biblehub dot com, and facts, cross references, etc.      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

Mark 10:46-52

Galatians 1:20-24

Acts & Rev - weekly

Recently Jonah, Daniel

psalms - jan-1-19 / feb-2o's / mar-3o's / apr-4o's / may-5o's / jun-6o's / jul-7o's / aug-8o's / sep-9o's / oct-100-110 / nov-11o's / dec-12o-15o ..the psalms are very prophetical in an overview sense.

⛲️ Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!


No comments:

Post a Comment