Friday, September 18, 2026

BOOK OF REVELATION - 6 5-8

Weekly Book of Revelation CU Studies Journal, Verses paraphrased due to ©‘s [ref] {thots}

5 - When the Lamb (as slain) opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a black horse! And its rider carried a pair of scales. 6 I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures, say, “A quart of wheat for a denarius and three quarts of barley for a denarius, but don’t harm the oil and wine!” {Riches preserved for some, scarcity for the rest.}

     7 When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” 8 And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed. {Originally, of course, sheol - where there’s no awareness or doing, Eccles.9:10. What is partner to death? The grave. JN.5:28 - “all.. will come forth from the tombs/graves.” Hebrew sheol is translated into greek hades, “not seen” state of being gone, the word without the Greek myth.} And death and its partner/place (the grave/sheol) were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with famine, with pestilence (including manmade?) and by wild beasts of the earth. {Note: chem warfare began in WW1. Wild beasts may include rogue/violent nations? The one fourth is from its first occurrence to it’s very last? A way of describing the seals that veils the vision.}


Next - 6:9-17


These studies are at bibleprophecy4today at blogspot dot com


No comments:

Post a Comment