Thursday, September 12, 2024

WeekLy BooK oF Acts

 ⭐️  A paraphrased study

       ~~ 10:21-33 ~~

21 - So Peter went down from the roof, and greeted the men saying, “I’m who you’re looking for. Why have you come?” 22 And they said, “Cornelius, a centurion (Roman soldier or general) an upright and God-fearing man, who is well spoken of by the whole Jewish nation, was directed by a holy angel to send for you and have you come to his house in order to hear what you have to say.

     23 So he invited them in to be his guests, and the next day he, and some brothers from Joppa, went with them. 24 And on the following day they arrived at Caesarea. Cornelius was expecting them and he had called together his relatives and close friends. 25 When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet so as to worship him. 26 But Peter lifting him back up, said, “Stand up, I am but a man like yourself.” 27 And as he talked with him, he went in and found those Cornelius had gathered. 28 And said to them, “You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a Jew to associate with or to visit anyone of another nation (separated for the sake of birthing Messiah, the “savior of the world” from death and its cause). But God has shown me that I should not call any person common or unclean. 29 So when I was sent for, I came without objection. I ask then why you have sent for me.”

     30 And Cornelius said, “Four days ago, I was praying in my house at the ninth hour, and behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing! 3 And he said, ‘Cornelius, your prayer has been heard and your alms have been remembered before God. 32 Send therefore to Joppa and ask for Simon who is called Peter. He is lodging in the house of Simon, a tanner, who lives by the sea.’ 33 So I sent for you at once, and you have been kind enough to come. Now therefore we are all here in the presence of God to hear all which you have been commanded by the Lord.”

 πŸ—️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots


No comments:

Post a Comment