Thursday, August 8, 2024

Psalm 88:1-12

This is my own study, interpretations in parenthesis are my own, brackets are word helps, cross references, etc.

Paraphrased due to copyrights..

Psalm 88

By Heman the Ezrahite

Lord, God of my salvation, I cry out day and night to you. 2 Let my prayer come before you. Listen to my cry! 3 For my soul is full of troubles. My life draws near to Sheol [Eccles.9:5,10 “where there is no knowing nor doing”] (the grave). 4 I am counted among those who go down to the pit (to a scripture based hebrew this meant the grave). I am a man who has no strength, 5 like one set loose [chophshi - free, from chaphash - to be free] among the dead [“among the dead” is muth - to die] (like one set loose to die?) like the slain that lie in the grave, like those whom you bring to mind no more [od - a going around, continuance, still, again, yet, besides] from your hand they are cut off. (God is Life, they are not living.) 6 You have put me in the depths of the pit, in the regions dark and deep. 7 Your wrath lies heavy upon me, and you overwhelm me with all your waves. Selah. (The metaphor to his sadness is death, in Isaiah 14 referred to as a blanket.. the toilsome, bad king ends up with the worms as his bed and blanket.)

     8 Word for word - Far away/distant from yada - to know (far away from knowing?) put/set/placed (as?) abomination, shut up, cannot escape. [Translated as - You have put away my acquaintances far from me. You have made me an abomination to them, I am shut up, and I cannot get out.] 9 (My) eye grows faint from misery. Daily qara - to call, proclaim, read, Yahweh, shatach - to spread, spread abroad el - to, into, towards (you) palms/hands. [Every day I call upon you, O Lord. I spread out my hands to you.]

     10 Muth - to die asah - accomplish, do, make wonders if the dead rise yadah - to throw, cast 11 saphar - to count, recount, relate qeber - a grave, sepulcher, tomb checed - favour, kindness emunah - faithfulness, steadfastness, fidelity (in) abaddon - place of destruction, ruin, perishing. [Translated as - Do you work wonders for the dead? Do the departed rise up to praise you? Selah 11 Is your steadfast love declared in the grave, or your faithfulness in Abaddon? (“Universal Reconciliation and Restoration says yes, an age/aion of judgment/discernment.) 12 Your wonders known in the darkness, your righteousness in the land of forgetfulness. [Verses 12-18 are without the death/grave metaphor.] (Revelation chapter 20 is told like describing the crests of waves, without describing the in between the crests.)

     I think it’s very interesting that with modern digital numbers, the number 8 (in english) is the digital totality of them all. “The last great day” Lev.23:36, Jn.17:37, an “8th day” after the Sabbath millennium, an 8th and last great day. What else? The GWT judgment ‘day’. At-the-end of which “if anyone was found whose name was not written in the Book of Life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.” At the fiery ReGenesis - greek word palin-genesis, again-genesis, Rev.21:1-5, verse 5 - “behold I make all new” - Note: there is no word “things” in the greek language. And this is how death dies.


No comments:

Post a Comment