Wednesday, July 5, 2023

From The Prophets — Joel

1:1 The word of the LORD that came to Joel son of Pethuel. 6 A vast army of locusts has invaded.. 9 There’s  no grain or wine.. 10 The fields are ruined.. 20 streams have dried up..

     2:2 .. a day of darkness and gloom.. 13 Return to the Lord your God.. 19 The Lord will reply, “Look! I am sending you grain and new wine and olive oil.. 20 I will drive away these armies.. 22 ..The trees will again be filled with fruit.. 26 ..Never again will my people be disgraced. 28 I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your old men will dream dreams, and your young men will see visions. 29 In those days I will pour out my Spirit even on servants—men and women alike. 30 And I will cause wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. (Cause by having created a universe of cause and effect.) 31 The sun will become dark, and the moon will turn (reflect, surely?) blood red before that great and terrible day of the Lord arrives. 32 But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved, for some on Mount Zion in Jerusalem will escape, just as the Lord has said. These will be among the survivors whom the Lord has called. (Elsewhere strongly suggests “by lot”.. A lucky shake of the heavenly dice..)

     3:1 “At the time of those events,” says the Lord, “when I restore the prosperity of Judah and Jerusalem, 2 I will gather the armies of the world into the valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will judge them for harming my people, my special possession, for scattering my people among the nations, and for dividing up my land. 3 They threw dice to decide which of my people (humanity) would be their slaves. They traded boys to obtain prostitutes and sold girls for enough wine to get drunk. 7 “But I will bring them back from all the places to which you sold them, and I will pay you back for everything you have done. 9 Say to the nations far and wide: “Get ready for war 10 Hammer your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. Train even your weaklings to be warriors. 11 Come quickly, all you nations everywhere. Gather together in the valley.” (Gehenna, Armageddon, Rev.16:13-16, Mt.13:30.) 12 “Let the nations be called to arms. Let them march to the valley of Jehoshaphat. There I, the Lord, will sit to pronounce judgment on them all. 13 Swing the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Come, tread the grapes, for the winepress is full. The storage vats are overflowing with the wickedness..”14 Thousands upon thousands are waiting in the valley of decision. There the day of the Lord will soon arrive. 15 The sun and moon will grow dark, and the stars will no longer shine. (Be seen.) 16 The Lord’s voice will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem, and the heavens and the earth will shake. BUT the Lord will be a refuge for his people, a strong fortress.. 17 “Then you will know that I, the Lord your God, live in Zion, my holy mountain. And Jerusalem will be holy forever, foreign armies will never conquer her again. 18 In that day the mountains will drip with sweet wine, and the hills will flow with milk. Water will fill the streambeds of Judah, and a fountain will burst forth from the Lord’s Temple, watering the arid valley.. 21 ..and I, the Lord, will make my home in Jerusalem with my people.” [All believers are called Israel.. Are “part of the commonwealth” Eph.2:12.. “and heirs to the promise”, Gal.3:29.. Jesus said - Jn.12:32 - “If I be lifted up from the earth - signifying what death he would suffer - I will draw all [pas - all] to me”.

The Prophets Reading Schedule

1 - SUMMER -- pre-assyria captivity of the northern kingdom / 9-800 BC -- (Elijah Elisha) Jonah Joel Amos Hosea

2 - FALL --assyria / 900-625 -- Isaiah Micah Nahum Zephaniah

3 - WINTER -- babylon captivity of the southern kingdom / 625-536 --  Jeremiah Habakkuk Ezekiel Obadiah Daniel

4 - SPRING -- after restoration / 536-400 -- Haggai Zechariah Malachi

  In Order so the Largest is For Winter

No comments:

Post a Comment