Thursday, March 7, 2024

Mar-07 From Mt-18 Phile-1

   Enter The Story Daily

a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ Matthew 18:21-35

21 - Then Peter came up to Jesus and said, “Lord, how often if my brother sins against me, should I forgive him? As many as seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I don’t say seven times, but seventy-seven times. 23 The kingdom of heaven (the heavenly kingdom) can be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his servants. 24 When he began to settle, one person was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. 25 And since he couldn’t pay, he ordered him to be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and payment be made. 26 So the servant fell on his knees, saying, ‘Have patience with me! And I’ll pay you everything!’ 27 And out of pity, the king released him and forgave him the debt. 28 But when that same servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii, and grabbing hold of him, he began to choke him, saying, ‘Pay what you owe me!’ 29 So his fellow servant fell down and pleaded, ‘Have patience with me! And I will pay you!’ 30 But he refused and had him put in prison until he would pay the debt. 31 When his fellow servants saw what had taken place, they were greatly distressed, and they reported to the king all that had taken place. 32 Then he summoned him and said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt! 33 And shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant, even as I had mercy on you?’ 34 And in anger the king delivered him to the jailers, untiL he should pay the debt. 35 So also my heavenly Father will be to you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart.”

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                  ~ Philemon 1:1-16 ~

1 -  [From] Paul, a prisoner for Christ Jesus, and Timothy our brother,

     To Philemon our beloved fellow worker 2 and Apphia our sister and Archippus our fellow soldier, and to the church that meets in your house:

     3 Grace to you! And peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus. 4 I thank God always when I remember you in my prayers, 5 and I hear of the love and faith you have toward the Lord and for all the saints. 6 I pray that the sharing of your faith may be fully effective for recognizing every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ. 7 For I have derived much joy and comfort from your love, my brother, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you. 8 Accordingly, though I am bold enough in Christ to insist, 9 yet for love's sake I prefer to appeal to you—I, Paul, an old man and now a prisoner for Christ Jesus— 10 I appeal to you for my child in the faith, Onesimus, whose father I became in my imprisonment. 11 Formerly he was useless to you, but now he is indeed useful to you and to me. (Onesimus was an indentured worker - a system of paying off a debt or loan. But he had run away. Then he ran into Paul and Paul’s party and became a Christian, becoming much more stable and a helpful worker.) 12 I am sending him back to you, though I will miss him a great deal. 13 I would have been glad to keep him with me, in order that he might be of service to me on your behalf during my imprisonment for the gospel, 14 but I preferred to do nothing without your consent. Because if you agree, it will be a gift and you will be blessed for it. 15 Perhaps this is why he was parted from you for a while, that you might have him back later, 16 no longer as a bondservant but more than a bondservant, as a beloved brother. Yes, especially to me, but how much more to you, both in daily affairs and in the Lord.

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

Matthew 19:1-12

Philemon 1:17-25

Acts & Rev - weekly

And currently Daniel

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!⛲️

               πŸ“œπŸž+πŸ·πŸ•Š️(+Logic, root word logos)


No comments:

Post a Comment