Monday, March 4, 2024

WeekLy BooK oF Acts 24 1-14

    a paraphrased study

1 - And when he (Paul) had been brought to the court, the lawyer for the national leaders, Tertullus began to accuse him, saying to the court, “Because of you, most excellent Felix, we enjoy much peace, and by your foresight, reforms for this nation are being made, 3 in every way we accept this with all gratitude. 4 But, to detain you no further, I beg you in your kindness to hear us briefly. 5 For we have found this man to be a pestilent nuisance who stirs up riots among the Jews everywhere he goes. He is a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes. 6 He even tried to profane the temple, but we seized him and according to our law we wish to judge him. 8 By examining him, you find out from him everything of which we accuse him.” 9 The leaders stood and joined in the charge, affirming that all these things were so. 10 When the governor nodded to him to speak, Paul made his reply, “I know the many years you have been a judge over this nation, so I happily make my defense. 11 You can easily verify that it is not more than twelve days since I went up to Jerusalem to worship, 12 and they did not find me disputing with anyone or stirring up a crowd, not in the temple nor in the synagogues or in the city. 13 Nor can they prove to you what they now bring up against me! 14 But this I testify to you, that according to the Way, which they label a sect, I worship the God of our fathers. I believe everything laid down by the Law and written in the Prophets.

No comments:

Post a Comment