Friday, March 8, 2024

Mar-08 From Mt-19 Phile-1

   Enter The Story Daily

a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ Matthew 19:1-12 ~

1 - When Jesus had finished these sayings, he went on from Galilee to the region of Judea that’s beyond the Jordan. 2 Large crowds followed, and he healed them there. 3 Then some of the Pharisee party came and were trying to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful to divorce one's wife for just any reason?” 4 He answered, “Have you read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female? 5 And said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one body’? [Join - kollaΓ³ - to glue, unite, bond.] 6 So they are no longer two but one. What therefore God has united together, let not man separate.” 7 Then they said, “Why then did Moses say to give a certificate of divorce and send her away?” 8 Jesus answered, “Because of hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it wasn’t so. 9 Whoever sends his wife away, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.” 10 The disciples said, “If such is the case, it’s better not to marry.” 11 But he said, “Not everyone can do that, but only those to whom it is given. 12 For there are those who are born eunuchs, and there are some who have been made eunuchs by others, and there are those who are eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one able, let them receive it.” (And don’t go making a commandment about it? ..Or these days license..)

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                       ~ Philemon 1:17-25 ~

17 - So if you consider me your partner, receive Onesimus as you would receive me. (Onesimus was an indentured worker - a system of paying off a debt or loan - who had run away, but he had run into Paul and Paul’s party and become a believer, thus follower of Jesus.) 18 If he has wronged you at all, or owes you anything, charge that to me. 19 I, Paul, write this with my own hand: I will repay it—though I say nothing of your owing me! 20 Yes, brother, I want this benefit from you in the Lord. Refresh my heart in Christ with your agreement. 21 Actually I’m confident of it. I write to you, knowing you will do even more than I ask. 22 And also, prepare a guest room for me! For I am hoping that because of our prayers I will be coming to visit. 23 Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus, sends greetings to you, 24 as do Mark, Aristarchus, Demas, and Luke, my fellow workers.

     25 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with your spirit.

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

Matthew 19:13-30

Colossians 1:1-8

Acts & Rev - weekly

And currently Daniel

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!⛲️

               πŸ“œπŸž+πŸ·πŸ•Š️(+Logic)


No comments:

Post a Comment