Saturday, March 16, 2024

Mar-16 From Jn-8 Col-2

   Enter The Story Daily

a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ John 8:12-20

12 - Again Jesus taught the people, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” 13 But the Pharisees said, “You are bearing witness of yourself! Your testimony is not true.” 14 Jesus answered, “Even if I do bear witness of myself, my testimony is true. For I know where it is I came from and where it is I am going, but you don’t know where I come from, nor where I’m going. 15 You judge according to the flesh (self centered reasoning). I judge no one. 16 But if I do judge, my judgment is true, for it’s not I alone who judge, but I and the Father who sent me. 17 In your Law” (their law, because he - life in him and he in us - is the “new and living way” that fulfills the law’s requirements. But in the society preserving laws given to Moses) “it is written that the testimony of two people is true. 18 I am the one who bears witness concerning myself, and the Father who sent me also bears witness of me.” 19 They then said to him, “Where is your Father?” Jesus replied, “You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also.” 20 These words he spoke in the treasury [gaza-phulakΓ© - treasure guarding/watch] as he taught in the temple. But no one arrested him, for his hour had not yet come.

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                  ~ Colossians 2:18-23 ~

18 - Don’t let anyone declare you disqualified, insisting on asceticism and the lauding of angels (or by insisting their particular convictions be observed by you) or going on in detail about visions, puffed up and prideful by their carnal (self seeking, self centered) mind, 19 members not holding fast to the head/Christ, which is from whom the whole believing body, is nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, growing together in the growth that is from God. 20 If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to various regulations such as 21 “do not handle, do not taste, do not touch” 22 referring to things that all perish as they are used (foods aNd days) according to human rules and teachings. (Paul is writing to non Hebrew believers, they have never been required to observe the Sabbath, nor to follow certain food guidelines - they may indeed be superior, but not required in order to be a believer in Christ and Christ Crucified and thus in good standing with God and receiving the growth in newness that is from him. Don’t hinder another’s path.) 23 All these things have indeed an appearance of wisdom in promoting self-made religion and asceticism and severity to the body, but they are of no value in curbing and overcoming the temptations of life. (If creation and thinking included no ability to stray.. how much “thinking” would there be?)

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

John 8:21-32

Colossians 3:1-11

Acts & Rev - weekly

And currently Daniel

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!⛲️

               πŸ“œπŸž+πŸ·πŸ•Š️(+Logic)


No comments:

Post a Comment