Wednesday, March 6, 2024

€XpLoR!n9 ReVeLaTion 1 9-20

     WeeKly BooK oF Revelation

The revelation vision is a piece of the Truth puzzle. It can help reveal what it is God is doing and how. And most importantly why. 

                 A Paraphrased Study

9 - I, John, your brother and partner in the tribulation and in the kingdom and in the patient endurance that are in Jesus, was on the prison island called Patmos on account of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet sounding 11 saying, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches in Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”

     12 Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking and when I turned I saw seven gold lampstands, 13 and in the midst of them one like a Son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a gold sash around his chest. 14 The hairs of his head were white, like pure white wool, and snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, 15 his feet like glowing bronze, refined in a fiery furnace. And his voice was like the roar of mighty waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, from his mouth came a sharp two-edged sWord (“thy word is Truth” Jn.17:17) and his face was like the sun in its shining. 17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, 18 the living one. I died, but behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of the hades/grave. (These two are capitalized in some versions. Which I find completely strange!) 19 Write therefore the things seen, what is now, and what will take place after now. 20 As for the mystery of the seven stars I hold in my right hand, and the seven gold lampstands, the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

                         ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Previous posts:

Intro - This Year’s Revelation Study

1:1-8

               πŸ“œπŸž+πŸ·πŸ•Š️(+Logic)


No comments:

Post a Comment