Saturday, March 16, 2024

Daniel 10 Study

 Paraphrased And Condensed With 

      Suggested Interpretation

Ten and eleven run together. Much of the prophecy concerns Israel of course, yet the beginning of chapter 12 strongly suggests the prophecies somehow extend to the global culmination. As verse 12:2-4 concludes the prophecies this way - “And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to nonfading life, and some to shame and everlasting [the hebrew - olam - long duration, a time/duration) of contempt [deraon - aversion, abhorrence; only one other verse in the Scripture has this word - Isaiah 66:24:

     For Context, 23 and 24 - “From new moon to new moon and from Sabbath to Sabbath (month to month and week to week) all mankind will come to worship before Me,” says the LORD.

     24 Coming forth (into GWTJ ‘day’?) they (all) will look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me. For its worm never dies, it’s a fire that is not put out becoming an abhorrence to all mankind.”

     ..How? shall all mankind see the corpses of armageddon, which is of the end/apocalypse? Aka, the result of this all important contrast.

     Answer? Because, logically, GWTJ ‘day’ will be a duration of great review. And the course and result of straying will thoroughly abhor and disgust us all. “For its worm never dies, it’s a fire that is not put out becoming an abhorrence 

to all mankind.” Straying/imperfection is the ‘parable’ of the decomposing ‘apple’, which its worm/corruption/spoiling does not end or reverse, as it cannot. 

      Dan.12:3 -  “And those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the sky and heavens above, and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars. 4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words, seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro (jets, etc) and knowledge (good, including biblical! and not so good) shall increase.”

Chapter 10

     1 - In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a word was revealed to Daniel.. And the word was true, and it was a great conflict. And he understood the word and vision.

     2 In those days I, Daniel, was mourning for three weeks. ..On the twenty-fourth day of the first month, as I was standing on the bank of the great river Tigris, 5 I looked, and behold, a radiant man clothed in linen, with a belt of fine gold.. 6 .. whose words was like the sound of a great multitude. 7 Those who were with me didn’t see the vision, but a great fear fell upon them, and they ran away and hid. 8 I was alone, no strength was in me, 9 and as he spoke, I fell to the ground in a deep sleep. 10 But a hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees. 11 And he said to me, “O Daniel, man greatly loved, understand these words that I speak to you, for I have been sent.” So I stood up trembling. 12 Then he said, “Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard. 13 The prince (arch angel) of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days, but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I was left there with the kings of Persia, 14 and I have come to make you understand what is to happen to your people in the latter days. For the vision is for days yet to come. 20 I will return to fight against the prince of Persia. But then the prince of Greece will come. 21 I will tell you what is inscribed in the book of truth. There is none battling by my side against these except Michael, your prince.” (The battling for lands and earthly powers. Empire against empire.)


No comments:

Post a Comment