Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Mar-19 From Jn-8 Col-4

    Enter The Story Daily

 a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ John 8:48-59

48 - The Pharisees answered him, “Are we not right in saying you are a Samaritan and have a demon?” (Listening to the “accuser”.) 49 Jesus answered, “I don’t have a demon, but I honor my Father,. And you dishonor me. 50 Yet I don’t seek my own glory, there is one who seeks it, and he’s the judge. 51 Truly, I tell you, if anyone keeps my word, he will not see death to [ein - literally - motion into which - implying penetration, unto, union, to a particular purpose or result, to, unto] the age.” 52 They said to him, “Now we know that you have a demon! Abraham died, as did the prophets, yet you say, ‘If anyone keeps my word, they will not experience death.’ 53 Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets who died! Who do you make yourself out to be?” 54 Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It’s my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, ‘He is our God.’ 55 But you’ve not known him. I know him and if I were to say that I don’t know him, I would be like you  a liar. But I do know him and I keep his word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day, he saw it and was glad.” 57 They responded, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?!” 58 Jesus answered, “Truly, I tell you, I was/am before Abraham..” 59 So they picked up stones with which to stone him, but he withdrew and went out of the temple.

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                  ~ Colossians 4:1-18 ~

1 - And masters (misters, employers) treat your bondservants justly and fairly, knowing that you have a master in heaven. 2 Continue steadfastly and watchful in prayer, with thanksgiving. 3 Pray also for us, that God will open to us a door for the message, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison, 4 that I may make it clear. Which is of course how I ought to speak.

     5 Walk in wisdom toward nonbelievers, making the best use of the time. 6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each question people have.

     7 Tychicus will tell you all about my activities. He is a beloved brother and a faithful minister, a fellow servant in the Lord. 8 I have sent him to you for this very purpose, that you may know how we are and that he may encourage your hearts, 9 and with him Onesimus, our faithful and beloved brother, who is one of you. (Philemon.) They will tell you of everything that has been going on here. 10 Aristarchus my fellow prisoner sends his greeting, as does Mark the cousin of Barnabas, who you have received instructions about—if he comes to you, welcome him, 11 and Jesus who is called Justus. These are the only ones of the circumcision (Hebrew/Jewish believers) among my fellow workers for the kingdom of God, and they’ve been a comfort to me. 12 Epaphras, who is one of you, and a servant of Christ Jesus, greets you, always struggling on your behalf in his prayers, that you may stand mature and fully assured in all the will of God. 13 For I bear him witness that he has worked hard for you and for those in Laodicea and in Hierapolis. 14 Luke the beloved physician greets you, as does Demas. 15 Give my greetings to the brothers at Laodicea, and to Nympha and the church in her house. 16 And when this letter has been read among you, have it also read in the church of the Laodiceans. And see that you also read the letter from Laodicea. 17 And tell Archippus, “Be sure to fulfill the ministry/assignment you have received in the Lord.”

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

John 9:1-13

Ephesians 1:1-10

Acts & Rev - weekly

And currently Daniel

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!⛲️

               πŸ“œπŸž+πŸ·πŸ•Š️(+Logic)


No comments:

Post a Comment