Monday, March 4, 2024

Mar-04 From Mt-17 Ro-15

   Enter The Story Daily

a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ Matthew 17:14-27

14 - When they came down off the mountain there was a crowd waiting, and a man came up to him and kneeling 15 said, “Lord, have mercy on my son! For he has seizures and he suffers terribly. Often falling into the fire, or into the water. 16 And I brought him to your disciples, but they couldn’t heal him.” 17 Jesus said, “Oh you lacking in faith and twisted, how long will I be with you? How long am I to bear with you? Bring him here to me.” 18 And he rebuked the demon, and it came out of him, and the boy was healed instantly. 19 The disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why couldn’t we cast it out?” 20 And he said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I tell you, if you have faith like a mere grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”

     22 Later in Galilee, Jesus said, “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men, 23 and they will kill him, and he will be raised up on the third day.” And they were greatly troubled. 24 When they had arrived at Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma tax came up to Peter and said, “Does your teacher not pay the tax?” 25 Peter said, “Yes.” And when he came into the house, before Peter said anything Jesus said, “What do you think, Simon? From whom do kings of earth take toll and tax? From their sons or from others?” 26 And when Peter said, “From others.” Jesus said, “Then the sons are free. 27 However, not to give offense to them, go to the sea (of Galilee) and cast a hook in and take the first fish that comes up, and when you open its mouth you will find a shekel. Take that and give it to them for me and for yourself.” (I wondered why this? Asked the Lord and what came to mind is some are called to go out and proclaim the message and some to go home and live it in their lives proclaiming it that way, and in words when and how the Spirit/Presence gives place for it.)

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                  ~ Romans 15:22-33 ~

(I’m a fan of numbers. Something special in today’s study? Though there always is!) 22 - This is the reason why I (Paul) have so often been hindered from coming to visit. 23 But now, since I no longer have any room for work in these regions, and since I have longed for many years to come, 24 I hope to see you in passing as I go to Spain. And to be sent on my journey there by you, once I have enjoyed your company for a while. 25 At present, however, I am going to Jerusalem bringing a collection of aid to the believers. 26 For Macedonia and Achaia have been pleased to make a contribution for the poor among the saints (believers) at Jerusalem. 27 For they were pleased to do it, and indeed it all balances out. If the Gentile believers have come to share in their spiritual blessings, why not they be of service if they can to the poor of them in material blessing? 28 When I’ve completed this and have delivered to them what’s been collected, I plan to leave for Spain by way of you. [We don’t know for sure if Paul made it to Spain, he was arrested in Jerusalem because of his message. πŸ€”Thought police? This is where our weekly Acts reading and study is. Rather than be in the hands of his adversaries in Jerusalem, being a Roman citizen (even by birth) he “appeals to Caesar” and “in chains” (not literally, but under arrest) they bring him by ship to Rome.] 29 I know that when I come to you I will come in the fullness of the blessing of Christ! 30 I appeal to you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus and by the love of the Spirit/Presence of God, to strive together with me in prayers on my behalf, 31 that I may be delivered from the unbelievers (leaders) in Judea, and that my service for Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints, 32 and that by God's will I may come to you with joy and be refreshed in your company. 33 And may the God of peace be with you all, amen. (πŸ’Ž - It’s the Lord who put this schedule together.)

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

Matthew 18:1-11

Romans 16:1-12

Acts & Rev - weekly

And currently Daniel

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!⛲️

               πŸ“œπŸž+πŸ·πŸ•Š️(+Logic)


No comments:

Post a Comment