Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Feb-06 From Jn-5 Ro-7,8

   Enter The Story Daily

a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ John 5:18-29

18 - So the leaders sought all the more to have him executed, because He not only broke the Sabbath (verse 17, “my Father works all this while, therefor so do I”) but also said that God was His Father, making Himself to be equal with God. 19 But Jesus answered them, “Most truly I tell you, the Son cannot do anything on his own. But only what he sees the Father do/doing. So whatever the Father does, the Son does in the same way. 20 For the Father loves the Son, and shows to him all things that he himself does. And truly, he is going to show him even greater works than these, that you may marvel. 21 For as the Father raises the dead and gives to them life” (who were dead/did not have life) “in the same way, the Son gives life to whom He wills.

     22 Indeed the Father judges no one! But has committed all judgment to the Son, 23 so that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever doesn’t honor the Son, also doesn’t honor the Father who sent Him.

     24 Most truly, I say to you, he who hears my words/message [logos] and believes in Him who sent me has nonfading life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed - from death, into life. 25 Most truly, I tell you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. 27 And has also  given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man. 28 Don’t marvel at this, for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear his voice 29 and will come forth” (from the graves) “those who have done the good, in the resurrection of life, and those who have done the evil, in the resurrection of judgment.” 

(Judgment - πŸ“½️ 🎬 great review, judgment/final discernment.. And “the Ancient of Days took his seat..” ..All of life is a stage, Shakespeare.)

         - - - - - - - - - - - - 

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                  ~ Romans 7:11-8:2 ~

11 - For sin [hamartia - missing the mark, being flawed, imperfection, wrongness] seizing an opportunity, through the commandment, deceived me! And killed me! 12 So the law itself is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good. 13 Did that which is good, then, bring death to me? Of course not! It was sin [missing the mark, wrongness] producing death in me. (Death to the ‘me first’ carnal nature.) Through the agency of what is good, sin is shown to be sin. And through the commandment might be thoroughly proven to be sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual. But I am of the carnal, and am in bondage under sin/imperfection. (In captivity due to being imperfect/flawed, because flawed cannot make itself perfect.) 15 For I don’t understand myself. For often I don’t do what I want (think trying to diet or quit a habit) but I do what I don’t want! 16 But if I do what I don’t want to, I still agree with the law (the ideal) that it is good. 17 So now it is no longer I who fall short, but sin [missing the mark] that dwells in me. 18 For I know that nothing good originates in me, that is, in my carnality. For I have the desire to do (be) what is right, but I am not able to carry it out! (Attain to it.) 19 For I do not do the good I want, but the not ideal I do not want, is what I keep on doing! 20 So if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin [imperfection, an abyss of potential!) that dwells in me. 21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. 22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, 23 but I (Paul) see in myself another law waging war! War against the law of my mind, making me instead captive to the law of sin (imperfection) that dwells in me. 24 Oh wretched person that I am! Who will deliver me from this body (and state) of death?! 25 Thanks are due to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind (heart, psyche) but in my carnal nature I struggle, and so I am serving the law of sin and death. (The logic/law of imperfection.) 8 But there is therefore now - no condemnation - for those who are in Christ Jesus! 2 For The Law - of the Spirit oF Life - has set us free in Jesus, from the law of sin, to death. (God is Life. And “is Perfect” making imperfect to result in? Ro.6:23 - “THE wage/result of sin is death/nonlife. But the GIFT of God is nonfading/enduring/radiant Life in our Lord Jesus.” Because we are redeemed and set free from imperfection, though not yet fully, Heb.11:40, but progressing.)

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word insights, facts,

             cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

John 5:30-47

Romans 8:3-10

Acts & Rev - weekly

And currently Daniel

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!⛲️


No comments:

Post a Comment