Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Feb-07 From Jn-5 Ro-8

   Enter The Story Daily

a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ John 5:30-47

(Jesus responds to the Pharisees’ accusation - “why do you eat with tax collectors and sinners”!?) - “I can do nothing on my own. But as I hear, that is how I judge. My judgment is just, because I don’tseek my will but the will of he who sent me. 31 If only I bear witness of myself, then my testimony isn’t trustworthy. 32 But there is another who bears witness of me, and I know that the testimony that he bears concerning me is true. 33 You looked to John, and he has borne witness to the truth. 34 Not that the testimony that I receive is from man, but I say these things so that you may be saved [sΓ³zΓ³ - saved, healed, preserved, rescued, delivered out of danger, rescued from destruction into divine safety]. (Saved from “death, sin/hamartia-missing the mark’s wage” - result because God iS life and “is perfect” mt.5:48, making imperfect/missing the mark to result in life’s opposite.) 35 He was a kindled fire and shining lamp, and you rejoiced for a while in his light. 36 But my testimony is greater than John’s. For the works the Father has given to me to accomplish, these very works that I am doing, bear witness about me that the Father has sent me. 37 And the Father who sent me has himself bore witness about me. His voice you have not heard, his form you have not seen, 38 and you don’t have his word abiding in you. If you did you would believe the one he has sent. 39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have unfading life. But they bear witness concerning me, 40 and you refuse to come to me that you may have life. 41 I receive no glory from man. 42 But I know you do not have the love of God in you. 43 I have come in my Father's name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, him you will receive. 44 How are you able to believe, when you receive glory from one another? And you do not seek glory that comes from the only God? 45 Don’t think I will accuse you to the Father. The one who accuses you is Moses, the one on whom you have set your hope. 46 For if you really believed Moses, you would believe me, for it was me he wrote of. 47 And if you don’t believe his words, how will you believe mine?”

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                  ~ Romans 8:3-10 ~

3 - For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh [sarks - generally negative, referring to decisions and actions according to self, self first, and misleading passions] could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful carnality and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous fulfillment of the law might be in us, who walk not in carnality but in the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6 For to set the mind on the things of carnality (inordinate self indulgence) is death, but to set the mind upon the Spirit is life and peace. 7 For the mind that is set upon carnality is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law, and indeed, it cannot. 8 Those who are pursuing carnality cannot please God. 9 You, however, are not walking in carnality, but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit(/Presence) of God abides in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. 10 But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life due to righteousness. (God’s righteousness - as there really is no other. Perhaps because it is HE who has “subjected all to disobedience” Ro.11:32 “that He may show mercy to all”.)

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word insights, facts,

             cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

Matthew 12:1-13

Romans 8:11-16

Acts & Rev - weekly

And currently Daniel

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!⛲️


No comments:

Post a Comment