Wednesday, April 3, 2024

WeekLy BooK oF Acts 26 19-32

        a paraphrased study

19 -  “Therefore, King Agrippa, I (Paul) did not disobey the heavenly vision, 20 but declared first to those in Damascus, then in Jerusalem and throughout all the region of Judea, and also to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds that are in keeping with repentance. 21 It’s for this reason the leaders of my nation seized me in the temple and tried to kill me! 22 But I have had the help that comes from God, and so I stand here today, testifying to great and small alike, and saying nothing but what the prophets and Moses said would come to pass! 23 That the Christ (Messiah) must suffer and being the first to rise from the dead, he would proclaim light both to our people and to the Gentiles.” 24 As he was saying these things in his defense, Governor Festus said loudly, “Paul, you have lost your mind! Great learning is making you mad!” 25 But Paul said, “I have not lost my mind, most excellent Festus, but I’m speaking true and rational words. 26 For the king knows about these things, and I speak boldly to him. For I am persuaded that none of these things have escaped his notice, for this has not been hidden. 27 King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I know that you do.” 28 And Agrippa said to Paul, “In such a short time would you persuade me to be a Christian?!” 29 And Paul said, “Whether short or long, I would to God that not only you but also all who hear me this day might become such as I am, except for these chains.”

     30 Then the king rose, and the governor and Bernice and all those who were with them. 31 And as they were going, they said to one another, “This man has done nothing to deserve death or imprisonment.” 32 And Agrippa said to Festus, “He could have been set free if he had not appealed to Caesar.”

 πŸ—️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots


No comments:

Post a Comment