Monday, April 15, 2024

Apr-15 From Mt-21 Ph-3

    Enter The Story Daily

 a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ Matthew 21:23-32 ~

23 - And when he was in the temple, the chief priests (leaders) and elders of the people came up to him as he was teaching, and said, “By what authority are you doing these things, and who gave you this authority!?” 24 Jesus answered, “I will ask you a question, and if you tell me the answer, I will tell you by what authority I do these things. 25 The baptism of John, from whence was it? From heaven or from man?” So they discussed it among theirselves, saying, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will say to us, ‘Why then did you not believe him?’ 26 But if we say, ‘From man,’ we are afraid of the crowd (biggest obstacle to domination, the people) for they all hold that John was a prophet.” 27 So they answered him, “We don’t know.” And he said, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.”

     28 “What do you think? A man had two sons. He told the first, ‘Son, go and work in the vineyard today.’ 29 And the son answered, ‘I will not,’ but afterward he changed his mind and went. 30 And he went to the other son and said the same, who answered, ‘I will go, sir,’ but did not go. 31 Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said, “The first.” Jesus said, “Truly, I tell you, the tax collectors (collecting for occupying Rome!) and prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you. 32 For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you didn’t believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes believed him. And even when you saw that - people streaming to God - you did not afterward change your minds and believe him!

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                  ~ Philippians 3:8-14 ~

8 - Indeed, I (Paul) count everything as loss for the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all social standings and count them as nothing in order that I may gain Christ, 9 and be found in him - not having a righteousness of my own (earned) - that comes from the law, but the standing which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends upon faith/believing(/accepting a gift). 10 That I may know him! And the POWER of his resurrection, as well as the partnersip of his sufferings, being conformed to his death (my lower disobedient and selfish/self-first, self dies, I let it fade away) 11 that by any means possible I may attain to the resurrection from death. 12 NoT that I have already obtained it, and already am perfect [Heb.11:40] but I press on to make it my own [we “put on immortality and incorruption at the resurrection at his return/arrival] because Jesus has made me - his. 13 Brethren/brothers and sisters, I do not consider that I have yet made it, and on my own! But one thing I do, forgetting what lies behind, I strain forward to what lies ahead. 14 I press on toward the goal! For the prize of the upward call of God, which is in Christ Jesus.

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

Matthew 21:33-46

Philippians 3:15-21

Acts & Rev - weekly

And currently Daniel

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!⛲️

               πŸ“œπŸž+πŸ·πŸ•Š️(+Logic)


No comments:

Post a Comment