Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Apr-09 From Lk-19 Ph-1

   Enter The Story Daily

a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ Luke 19:1-10

1 - Jesus (and the crowd following) came to Jericho and was passing through. 2 There was a man who lived there whose name was Zacchaeus. He was a chief tax collector (for occupying Rome!) and was very rich. 3 He was wanting to see who Jesus was, but on account of the crowd he couldn’t, for he was short in stature. 4 So he ran on ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see him, just as Jesus was about to pass that way. 5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up and said, “Zacchaeus, hurry and come down, for I must stay at your house today!” 6 So he hurried and came down and received him joyfully. 7 And when the crowd saw it, they complained, “He has gone in to be the guest of a man who is a sinner.”

     8 At dinner, Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, “Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I will give to the poor. And if I have defrauded anyone, I will restore it fourfold.” 9 And Jesus said, “Today salvation has come to this house! He also, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of man came to seek for and to save the lost [apΓ³llymi - from apΓ³ - away from, which intensifies ollymi - destroyed, properly, fully destroyed, cut off entirely]. (To be expected as surely? God is Life, so to stray from can only end in the opposite of Life. Which this unavoidable, all important contrast is proving. Unavoidable unless we’re to be an ant farm.. “To seek and save the lost” - all are lost. Jn.12:32. Straying besides ending jn the opposite of Life, is an abyss of potential which “the smoke of will rise up forever”.. in every memory, heart and mind.)

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                  ~ Philippians 1:19-26 ~

19 - I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus this will turn out for my deliverance, 20 as it is my (Paul’s) eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all shamed, but that with full courage now and always Christ will be honored in me, whether by life, or by death. 21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 If I am to live on now, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I would prefer I cannot tell. 23 For I am hard pressed between the two, a desire to depart and be with the Lord, for that is far better, 24 or to remain, for it is more necessary 25 to remain and continue with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith. (After death, the next awareness is resurrection, Eccles.9:5,10.) 26 And by coming to you again, we will have even more reason to  exult and celebrate in Christ Jesus together.

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

Matthew 20:29-34

Philippians 1:27-2:3

Acts & Rev - weekly

And currently Daniel

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!⛲️

               πŸ“œπŸž+πŸ·πŸ•Š️(+Logic)


No comments:

Post a Comment