Sunday, May 19, 2024

May-19 From Jn-16 1Pet-5

    Enter The Story Daily

 a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ John 16:17-33

17 - Some of the disciples were saying to one another, “What do you think he’s saying when he says, ‘yet a little while, and you won’t see me, but then in a little while you’ll again see me’? (The disciples are very used to hearing Jesus teach in riddles. πŸ€”Like Father, like Son. Hiding things in plain sight.. and takes God’s Spirit/Presence to decipher and decode? Which if you think about it, can’t be that difficult seeing as God is, of course, Life.) “And, what does he mean ‘because I am going to the Father’?” 18 So they were saying, “What does he mean by ‘a little while’?” (Unbeknownst to them, three days and nights in the tomb.) 19 Jesus knew that they wanted to ask him, so he said, “Is this what you are asking yourselves, what I meant by saying, ‘A little while and you won’t see me, and again a little while and you will see me’? 20 Truly, I tell you, you will weep and mourn, but the world will rejoice. You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn to joy. 21 When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, but is joyful that a human being has been born to her. 22 So also you have sorrow now, but I’ll see you again, and then your hearts will rejoice, and no one will be able to take your joy from you. (Because he was going to send to them the gift from the Father, which is called the baptism of the Holy Spirit, the very Presence of God - with them in a fuller measure than was possible in the past.) 23 In that day you will ask nothing of me. Truly I tell you, whatever you ask of the Father in my name, he will give it to you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. 25 “Yes I have said these things to you in figures of speech. The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you by figures of speech [paroimia - a byword, parable, allegory] but will tell you plainly about the Father. 26 In that day, you will ask in my name, and I’m not saying I’ll ask the Father on your behalf. 27 No, for the Father himself loves you. Especially because you have loved me and have believed that I came from Him. 28 I came forth from the Father and came into the world, again, I leave the world and go to the Father.”

     29 The disciples said, “Now you’re speaking plainly! 30 Now we know you know all things and there’s no need for anyone to question you. This is why we believe you came from God.” 31 Jesus answered, “Do you now believe? 32 But, the hour is coming, indeed it has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home, and will leave me alone. Yet I’m not alone, for the Father is with me. 33 I have said these things to you, so that in me you will have peace. In the world you’ll have tribulation. But take heart, I have overcome the world.”

     (He has overcome this imperfection, a virulent dis-ease with the most negative prognosis - this unavoidable life as we presently know it, the crucible itself, this slow motion gehenna. Now we are overcoming our imperfect nature having offered it up to God as a whole burnt offering.. through Jesus our high priest.)

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                ~ 1 Peter 5:8-14 ~

8 - Be sober-minded and watchful, knowing that your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking to devour. 9 Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing the same kinds of sufferings are being experienced by your brothers and sisters throughout the world. 10 But always, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. 11 To him is the kingdom forever and ever! Amen.

12 By Silvanus, a faithful brother as I regard him, I have written briefly to you, exhorting and declaring that this is the true grace of God. Stand firm in it. 13 Our sister who is at Babylon, who is likewise chosen, sends you greetings, and so does Mark, my son (in the faith). 14 Greet one another with the kiss of love.

Peace to all of you in Christ.

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.  (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

John 17:1-11

2 Peter 1:1-8

Acts & Rev - weekly

And currently Zechariah.. recently Daniel

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!⛲️

               πŸ“œπŸž+πŸ·πŸ•Š️(+Logic)

        “do this in remembrance of me”

                    word & worship

                         and logic

                    root word logos


No comments:

Post a Comment