Tuesday, May 21, 2024

May-21 From Jn-17 2Pet-1

    Enter The Story Daily

 a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ John 17:12-18:2

Jesus continues his prayer — 12 - “While I was with them, I kept them in the name (and cause)  of you which you have given to me. I have guarded them, and not one of them has been lost except the son of destruction [apóleia - loss, ruin (not surprisingly, the most extreme and harshest interpretation, son of) destruction] that the Scripture be fulfilled. (As the scripture has said.) 13 But now I am coming to you, and these things I say in the world, so they may have my joy fulfilled [plēróō - from plērēs - be full, see plḗthō] (may have a plethora of joy) in theirselves. 14 I have given them your word [logos - reasoning, reasoning by words, root  word of logic, a word, message] and the world has hated them because they’re not of the world, just as I’m not of the world.15 I don’t ask that you should take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, so I send them into the world. 19 And for their sake I consecrate/dedicate/sanctify myself, that they also may be sanctified/dedicated in truth.

20 I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they will be in us, so the world will believe that you have sent me. 22 The glory that you have given me I have given [didómi - to give, offer] to them, that they may be one even as we are one, 23 I in them, and you in me, that they may be perfectly united, so the world will know you sent me and love them even as you love me. 24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. (Of the twenty four elders?) 25 Oh righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you sent me. 26 I have made known to them your name [onoma - name, authority, cause] and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them. And I will be in them.”

     18:1 When Jesus had spoken these words, he continued with his disciples across the Kidron brook, to where there was a garden. 2 And Judas, who betrayed him, also knew the place, for Jesus often went there with his disciples.

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                     ~ 2 Peter 1:9-21 ~

9 - For whoever lacks these qualities is nearsighted and blind, having forgotten they were cleansed from their former sins. 10 Therefore, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never stumble and fall. 11 And so there will be richly provided for you an open door into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 12 Therefore I intend always to remind you of these qualities, though you know them and are established in them. 13 I think it right, as long as I am in this body, to stir you up by way of reminder, 14 since I know that the laying down [apothesis - putting away, laying down] of the tabernacle/tent/dwelling of me will be soon, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. 15 And I will make every effort so that after my leaving you may be able at any time to recall these things. 16 For we did not follow cleverly devised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 For when he received honor and glory from God the Father, his voice in Majestic Glory from heaven saying, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased,” 18 we ourselves heard it, for we were with him on the holy mountain. (Of transfiguration/radiance.) 19 And we have the certain prophetic word, to which you do well to pay attention to as a lamp giving out light in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star shall have risen in the hearts of you, 20 knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is from someone's own inspiration. 21 For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit(/Presence of God).

                       ~*~

🗝️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.   (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

Matthew 26:30-46

2 Peter 2:1-7

Acts & Rev - weekly

And currently Zechariah.. recently Daniel

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!⛲️

               📜🍞+🍷🕊️(+Logic)

             w/ a whole burnt offering

              from this slow gehenna

                    self on the altar

                       ->crystal


No comments:

Post a Comment