Friday, May 10, 2024

May-10 From Mt-26 1Pet-2

   Enter The Story Daily 

a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ Matthew 26:20-29

20 - Later that evening, he reclined at table with the twelve. 21 And while they were eating, he said, “Truly, I tell you, one of you is going to betray me.” 22 This made them very sorrowful and each one said to him, “Is it I, Lord?” 23 He answered, “He who dipped his bread in the dish with me will betray me.” (Sort of a quote of Ps.41:9 - Even my close friend, someone I trusted, one who shared my bread, has turned against me.“) 24 “The Son of Man goes as it is written of him, but woe to that one by whom he is betrayed! It would have been better for him if he had not been born.” (A saying. Prophesying Judas’ near future.) 25 “Judas, who would betray him, asked, “Is it I, Rabbi?” Jesus said, “So you have said.” (According to John Judas then left, Jn.13.)

     26 Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it, broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take and eat, this is my body.” 27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, each of you, 28 this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many [polus - much, many, multitudinous, plenteous, "much"; "great" in amount or extent] for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.”

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                ~ 1 Peter 2:1-8 ~

1 - So put away from you all malice, deception, hypocrisy, envy and slander. 2 Like newborn babes, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up unto salvation— 3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good, 4 as you come to him, a living stone rejected by man but in the sight of God chosen and precious, 5 you yourselves are living stones being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, and to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus. 6 For it stands in Scripture (Is.28:16): “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a chief stone chosen and precious, and whoever believes in him will not be ashamed.” 7 For you who believe, honor, but for those who do not believe - “The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,” (Ps.118:23) 8 and “A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense.” (Is.8:14) They stumble by disobeying the word, to which they were appointed [tithΓ©mi - put, place, lay, set, fix, establish, (as set down?) assigned]. (The role, part being played, in this unavoidable, all important contrast.) 

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

John 13:1-20

1 Peter 2:9-16

Acts & Rev - weekly

And currently Zechariah.. recently Daniel

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!⛲️

               πŸ“œπŸž+πŸ·πŸ•Š️(+Logic)


No comments:

Post a Comment