Friday, May 17, 2024

May-17 From Jn-15 1Pet-4

   Enter The Story Daily

 a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ John 15:18-27

18 - “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me first. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own, but because you’re not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, this is why the world hates you. (A lot of everyday people really liked Jesus, but those worldly and in power didn’t, to say the least. Though the people waffled.) 20 Remember the words I spoke to you, that ‘a servant is not greater than their master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they heard my word, they will also hear yours. 21 But all these things they will do to you on account of my name (my cause) because they don’t know the one who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of being wrong [hamartia - missing the mark]. But now they have no excuse nor cover for it. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works that no one else has ever done, they would not be shown up, but now they have seen those works (proofs) and hate both me and my Father. 25 But the word that is written in the Law they claim as theirs, must be fulfilled: ‘They hated me without a cause.’

     26 “But when the help(er) comes, which I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, which from the Father goes forth, he will bear witness [martureΓ³ - testify, give a good report] about me. 27 And you disciples will bear witness/testify because you have been with me all this while.

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                ~ 1 Peter 4:9-19 ~

9 - Show genuine  hospitality to one another. 10 And as each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's abundant and diversely expressed grace. 11 Whoever speaks, let them speak as one who speaks the logos [“reasoning”] of God, whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies, in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 12 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial if it comes upon you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice if you share Christ's sufferings, because you will also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. 14 If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. 15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a meddler! 16 But if anyone suffers as a Christian, let them not be ashamed, but let them glorify God. 17 For it is time for judgment to begin at [apo - from, away from] the household of God, and if first with [apo - from, away from] us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 And - “If the righteous are scarcely saved, how will it fare for the ungodly and the sinner?” (For the spiteful?) 19 Therefore those who suffer according to God's will (of allowing) let them entrust their souls to a faithful creator while continuing to do good.

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

John 16:1-16

1 Peter 5:1-7

Acts & Rev - weekly

And currently Zechariah.. recently Daniel

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!⛲️

               πŸ“œπŸž+πŸ·πŸ•Š️(+Logic)

        “do this in remembrance of me”

                    word & worship

                         and logic

                    root word logos


No comments:

Post a Comment