Monday, May 20, 2024

May-20 From Jn-17 2Pet-1

    Enter The Story Daily

 a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ John 17:1-11

1 - When Jesus had said these things, he looked up toward heaven, and said, “Father, the hour has come, glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, 2 since you have given him authority over all that live and breath [sarx - all flesh] to give enduring life to all you have given him. 3 And this is the enduring life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. 4 I glorified you while on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world was made.

      6 I have made you known to those you gave me out of the world. (To be disciples. Note how in the Revelation vision - after all is said and done - the foundation stones of the New Jerusalem, kingdom temple, are named after the disciples, Rev.21:14.) Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. 7 Now they know that everything you have given me is from you. 8 For I have spoken to them what you gave to me to say, and they have received it and have come to know in truth that I came from you. They believe that you sent me. 9 I am praying for them. I’m not praying for the world but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 10 All mine are yours, and yours are mine, and I’m glorified in them. 11 And I’m no longer in the world, but they are in the world. I’m coming to you, Holy Father, keep them in your name, the name which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one. (Christ-ian.)

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                ~ 2 Peter 1:1-8 ~

1 - From Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ - to those who, with us, have obtained the precious faith which is through the righteousness of God, and our Savior Jesus Christ: 2 May the grace and peace that’s in knowing God and our Lord Jesus, be multiplied to you! 3 God’s divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through knowing he who has called us to his own glory and excellence. 4 He has granted to us his precious and exceedingly great promises, by which we become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption [phthorΓ‘, from phtheΓ­rō – destruction from internal corruption, deterioration, decay, perishableness, corruption, decomposition] of the world [kosmos - order, the world, literally something ordered, an ordered system like the universe, creation, the world]. (So, “having escaped the corruption that is of this world” - the present order - of life as we presently know it.) 5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your (precious) faith, virtue, and to virtue, knowledge, 6 to knowledge, self-control, and to self-control, steadfastness/stability, to steadfastness/stability, godliness, 7 to godliness, genuine brotherly affection, and to brotherly affection, love. 8 For if these qualities are yours and increasing, they will keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowing of our Lord Jesus.

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.   (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

John 17:12-18:2

2 Peter 1:9-21

Acts & Rev - weekly

And currently Zechariah.. recently Daniel

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!⛲️

               πŸ“œπŸž+πŸ·πŸ•Š️(+Logic)

        “do this in remembrance of me”

                    word & worship

                         and logic

                    root word logos


No comments:

Post a Comment