Tuesday, May 14, 2024

May-14 From Jn-14 1Pet-3

  🕊️Enter The Story Daily

a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ John 14:12-21

     Jesus is alone with his eleven disciples having had his “last supper”. Judas has left, the others thinking perhaps he has gone to buy what they will need for the Passover meal, since he is in charge of the money bag. John previously, in chapter twelve, says he would take coins from the money bag for his own use. (“LOVE of money is a root of much evil” and “many sorrows”.)

     Jesus continues, 12 - “Truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do. And greater works than these they will do, because I am going to the Father. (The gospel to vastly more people.. And there is the helping and serving called reigning during the Lord’s long second advent, which ultimately reaches and heals all, with satisfactory closure concerning all things.) 13 What you ask in my name I will do, so the Father will be glorified in the Son. 14 If it is asked in my name (for my cause) I will do it.

     15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments [entolé - directives, orders, instructions, commands; from en - in, which intensifies télos - reach the end, consummation – properly, in the end, literally “the end-aim” (translated “end”) focusing on the end-result, the objective of the instruction, commands]. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another [állos - (a primitive word) – another of the same kind, another of a similar type] helper/help [paraklétos - called to one's aid, from pará - close-beside, and kaléō - call; closely call, a legal advocate who makes the right judgment call because close enough to know the situation] to be - with you - forever. (The “Shekinah glory” God, our father’s Presence. Shekinah means dwelling, settling.) 17 The Spirit of truth, which the world is not able to receive, because it doesn’t see him or know him. But you know him, for he abides with you and he will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans, I will be coming to you. 19 Yet a little while and the world will no longer see me. But you will see me, and because I live, you too shall live. 20 You will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I in you. (Goal/design/end-aim, a sealed creation.) 21 Whoever has my commands (instructions) and keeps them, are those who love me. And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love each one of them and will make myself known to them.”

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                ~ 1 Peter 3:7-14 ~

7 - Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, respecting that she is the physically weaker vessel, and honoring her as a joint heir with you of the grace of life. So that your prayers will not be hindered.

     8 Finally, all of you, have unity of mind. Have sympathy, brotherly love, tender hearts, and genuine humility. 9 Don’t repay evil for evil or cross word for cross word, but instead, bless. For it’s to this you were called, to inherit the blessing. 10 For it’s written, “Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let them keep their tongue from evil and their lips from speaking falsehood. 11 Let them turn away from evil and do good. Let them seek peace and pursue it. 12 For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those doing evil.” 13 But who is there to harm you if you are zealous for what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. So have no fear, nor be troubled.

                       ~*~

🗝️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

John 14:22-31

1 Peter 3:15-22

Acts & Rev - weekly

And currently Zechariah.. recently Daniel

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!⛲️

               📜🍞+🍷🕊️(+Logic)


No comments:

Post a Comment