Monday, May 27, 2024

Zechariah 10 and 11

Summarized/Condensed

This chapter is like poetry.. Can’t be paraphrased.

Ask the Lord for rain.. he gives it and produce.. the household gods and teachers and diviners tell false dreams the people wander like sheep but God will gather them back and they shall do valiantly! The oppressors will cease.

     I think, especially in prophecy, that Israel is the microcosm and at the culmination of mankind’s doings and ages, is the macrocosm. [Of course “in Christ all are one”, that’s not the issue. History, repeats.. expands like trumpet waves.]

Zechariah 11

(The sWord from the Lord’s mouth is Truth. The iron - measuring - rod is Truth. It can’t be broken. HE designed this program of the ages, so he calls consequences and results his wrath.)

Open your doors, O Lebanon,�    that the fire may devour your cedars!

2 Wail, O cypress, for the cedar has fallen,�    for the glorious trees are ruined!�Wail, oaks of Bashan,�    for the thick forest has been felled!

3 The sound of the wail of the shepherds..

War.. and war is horrific.

  …10 And I (Yahveh) took my staff Favor, and I broke it, annulling the covenant that I had made with all the peoples. 12 And they weighed out as my wages thirty pieces of silver. 13 Then the LORD said to me, “Throw it to the potter”—the lordly price at which I was priced by them. So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the Lord, to the potter. 14 Then I broke my second staff Union, annulling the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.

     ...And false shepherds suffer consequences..


No comments:

Post a Comment