Sunday, May 26, 2024

May-26 From Jn-18 2Tim-1

   Enter The Story Daily

a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ John 18:28-40

(Like Matthew said) - 28 - Early in the morning they led Jesus from the house of Caiaphas to the governor's headquarters.They themselves didn’t enter the (Roman) governor's headquarters (a gentile and gentile house) so they would not be considered defiled, but could eat the Passover. (Strict laws were meant to keep Israel separated from other nations, to be a somewhat prepared nation to birth the “savior of the world”.) 29 So Pilate went outside to them and said, “What accusation do you bring against this man?” 30 They answered, “If this man were not doing evil, we would not have delivered him to you.” [“Have honest courts” Zech.7:7.] 31 Pilate said, “Take him yourselves and judge him by your own law.” The Hebrew leaders said, “It is not lawful for us to put anyone to death.” 32 This would fulfill the word Jesus had said, showing by what kind of death he was going to die. (When he said “if I am lifted up from the earth” on a cross or tree “I will draw all to myself” Jn.12:32. …Why wasn’t “all” changed into all things like in so many other verses!? lol. Rev.21:5, Eph.1:10 and so on.)

     33 So Pilate went inside headquarters again, had Jesus brought to him and said, “Are you the King of the Jews?” 34 Jesus answered, “Do you say this of your own accord? Or did others say it about me?” 35 Pilate answered, “Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered you over to me. What is it you have done?” 36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom isn’t of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would be fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the leaders. But my kingdom is not of this world.” (Rev.21:5 - there will be “a new heavens and Earth” after a long second advent of Jesus upon this earth.] 37 Then Pilate said, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. But I have one purpose, I’ve come into the world to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.” (Claiming to be king under Roman occupation was punishable by death.) 38 Pilate said, “What is truth?” And after he had said this, he went back outside to the Jewish leaders and said, “I find no guilt in him. 39 You have a custom that I should release one prisoner for you at the Passover. So do you want me to release to you the King of the Jews?” 40 They answered him, “Not this man, but Barabbas!” Now Barabbas was a robber and a bandit. [Luke said, he was also arrested for violence and murder.]

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                ~ 2 Timothy 1:1-9 ~

1 - Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and by the promise of the life that is in him, 2 to Timothy, my beloved child in the faith - Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Jesus our Lord. 3 I thank God whom I serve, as did my ancestors with a clear conscience (Timothy is a greek gentile) as I remember you constantly in my prayers day and night. 4 I remember your tears, and long to see you, that I may be filled with joy. 5 I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that was first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, lives in you as well. 6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, 7 for God has given us a spirit - not of fear - but of power, and love, and self-control. 8 Therefore don’t be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor be ashamed of me his prisoner, but instead share in hardships of the gospel with the strength given by God 9 who has saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of anything of ourselves or that we have done, but because of his own purpose and grace, which he bestowed in Christ Jesus before the ages began.

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.  (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

Mt.27:11-26; Jn.19:1-13

2 Timothy 1:10-18

Acts & Rev - weekly

And currently Zechariah.. recently Daniel

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox!⛲️

               πŸ“œπŸž+πŸ·πŸ•Š️(+Logic)

             be a whole burnt offering

                w/ prayer like incense

                  this slow gehenna

                   - > all as crystal


No comments:

Post a Comment