Sunday, January 14, 2024

Jan-14 From Lk-4 Ro-1

   a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ Luke 4:16-30

16 - Jesus came to Nazareth, where he had  lived while growing up. And he went to the synagogue on the Sabbath as was his habit, and he stood up to read. 17 And when the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him, he unrolled it and found the place where it is written, 18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed [christos] me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and the recovering of sight to the blind (literally and otherwise) to set free those who are oppressed, 19 to announce the year [eniautos - cycle of time, year] of the Lord's favor.” 20 And he rolled the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And everyone was looking at him, 21 and he said, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.” 22 And although all spoke well of him and marveled at the gracious words he always spoke, they said, “Is not this Joseph's son?” 23 And he said, “No doubt you will quote to me the proverb, ‘Physician, heal thyself. What we have heard you did at Capernaum, do here as well.’ 24 Truly, I say to you, no prophet is accepted in his hometown. 25 But also I tell you, there were many widows in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the heavens were shut up for three and a half years (another 3.5) and a great drought and famine came over all the land, 26 and Elijah was sent to none of them but only to Zarephath, in the land of Sidon, to a humble widow woman. 27 And there were many lepers in Israel in the day of the prophet Elisha, and none of them was cleansed, but only Naaman the Syrian.” 28 When they heard these things, all of them were filled with wrath. 29 And they rose up and drove him out of town and to the brow of the hill on which their town was built, so they could throw him over the cliff. (Same spirit as in Ps.2.) 30 But passing through their midst, he went on his way.

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                           ~ Romans 1:8-15 ~

8 - First, I (Paul) thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you. For your faith is proclaimed in all the world! 9 God is my witness, whom I serve with my whole spirit in this gospel of his Son, that I always I mention you 10 in my prayers. And in asking that somehow by God's will I may now at last succeed in coming to see you. 11 For I very much want to see you, especially to impart to you a spiritual gift to strengthen you— 12 what I mean is, that we may be mutually encouraged by one another's faith, both yours and mine. 13 I don’t want you to be unaware, brothers, that I have often intended to come to you in order that I may reap some harvest among you as well as among the rest of the Gentiles (non Hebrew lands and nations). But always I have been prevented from doing so. 14 I owe it to all to preach the message, the good news. To both wise and foolish, and to the barbarian as well as the highly civilized. 15 And so I am eager to preach the gospel to you also, who are in Rome.

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word insights, facts,

             cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

Matthew 4:24-5:12

Romans 1:16-23

            A link to the reading schedule is pinned.

               ✔️= posted

Acts this week, 20:1-16 ✔️

Rev/Apoc this week, 20:1-6 ✔️

Prophets - Isaiah summary ✔️ next, Daniel

       Prophets - Each part includes the previous parts also. Disclaimer, some are long.

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox! 

                         πŸ—ž️πŸ“œ⛲️


No comments:

Post a Comment