Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Jan-09 From Mt-4 2Cor-12

  a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

GospeL Verses ~ Matthew 4:12-17

12 - When Jesus heard that John had been arrested, he left the Judean district and went into Galilee (district). 13 Later, having left Nazareth he went and lived in Capernaum by the sea, in the territory of Zebulun and Naphtali, 14 so what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah was fulfilled, 15 “The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the nations - 16 the people dwelling [kathémai - seated] in darkness [skotia from skotos] have seen a great [meta] light [phos - light, radiance]. And for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, a light (and radiance) has risen.”

     17 From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” [Metanoeó - to change one's mind or purpose, from meta - changed after being with, and noieo - think — think differently afterwards.]

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                   ~ 2 Corinthians 12:6-12

6 - However (Paul continues)  if I should wish to boast, I wouldn’t be the fool. For I would be speaking the truth. But I don’t do that sort of thing so no one may think more of me than he sees in me, or hears from me. 7 And so, to keep me from becoming puffed up and feeling somehow superior because of the surpassing greatness of revelations given to me, a “thorn in the flesh” (weak/infected? eyes) was also given to me, a message of adversity to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord, concerning it. 9 But he said, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” So I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so the power of Jesus may rest upon me. 10 For his sake then, I am content with weakness, with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, that’s when I’m strong. 11 So here I am talking like a fool! You forced me to it, for I instead ought to have been commended by you. For I am not at all inferior to these super-apostles, even though I am nothing. 12 You saw the signs of a true apostle occurring among you, with utmost patience, with signs, and wonders, and mighty works. (Jude 1:3 “..contend (compete, struggle, fight) earnestly for the faith as delivered..”)

                       ~*~

🗝️ [  ] - word insights, facts,

             cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

Matthew 4:18-23

2 Corinthians 12:13-21

            A link to the reading schedule is pinned.

               ✔️= posted

Acts last week, 19:21-41 ✔️

Rev/Apoc last week, 19:17-21 ✔️

Prophets - Isaiah summary ✔️ next, Daniel

       Prophets - Each part includes the previous parts also. Disclaimer, some are long.

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox! ~ 🗞️📜⛲️


No comments:

Post a Comment