Saturday, January 6, 2024

Jan-06 From Jn-3 2Cor-11

   a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

  GospeL Verses ~ John 3:1-12

1 - There was a man of the Pharisees, Nicodemus (the Pharisees were actually more of a political party? Than spiritual/religious?) He was a leader and ruler of the Nation (but under Rome governance, taxation and expectation). 2 He came to Jesus in the dark of night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God. For no one can do these signs you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus replied to him, “Truly, I tell you, unless someone is born again they cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Then Nicodemus said, “How can a person be born when they are old? Can they enter a second time into their mother's womb?” 5 Jesus said, “Truly, I tell you, unless one is born twice - of water, and of the Spirit - they cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 This is because that which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of Spirit is spirit. 7 Don’t be surprised by this. 8 The wind blows where it does, and you hear its sound, but you don’t know where it comes from or where it’s going. So it is with those who are born of the Spirit.” 9 Nicodemus said, “How can this be?” 10 Jesus answered him, “Are you a teacher of Israel and you don’t understand? 11 Truly, I tell you, one speaks about what we know, and bear witness to what we see, but you do not receive the testimony. 12 If I tell you earthly things and you don’t believe, how will you believe if I tell you of heavenly things?”

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                     ~ 2 Corinthians 11:1-9

1 - I hope you will bear with me in a little foolishness. 2 That I feel a divine jealousy for you! For I have betrothed you to one husband. And I desire to present you as a pure virgin to Christ. (REV.14:4) 3 But I fear that as the serpent deceived Eve, you will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus to you, than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it all too well! 5 Indeed, I do not consider that I am in the least inferior to these other, super-apostles. 6 Even if I am unskilled in the art of oration, I am not unskilled in knowledge. Indeed, we have made this plain to you in every way, and in all things. 7 Or did I make a mistake in humbling myself so that you might be exalted, because I freely preached God's gospel to you? 8 Indeed I robbed other churches by accepting support from them, in order to serve you. 9 And when I was with you and was in need, I didn’t burden anyone. It was the brothers who came from Macedonia who supplied me. So I refuse, and will continue to refuse, from burdening you in any way.

(Be blown about by the breath of the Spirit of God, rather than by every wind of doctrine..)

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word insights, facts,

             cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

John 3:13-24

2 Corinthians 11:10-29

            A link to the reading schedule is pinned.

               ✔️= posted

Acts this week, 19:21-41 ✔️

Rev/Apoc this week, 19:17-21 ✔️

Prophets - Isaiah summary ✔️ next, Daniel

       Prophets - Each part includes the previous parts also. Disclaimer, some are long.

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox! ~ πŸ—ž️πŸ“œ⛲️


No comments:

Post a Comment