Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Jan-02 From Jn-1 2Cor-9

   a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

  GospeL Verses ~ John 1:29-34

29 - The next day John (the baptizer) saw Jesus coming toward him. And he said, “Behold! The Lamb of God! Who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is the one of whom I said, ‘After me comes one who ranks before me, because he-was before-me.’ 31 I myself didn’t know him, but for this reason I came baptizing with water, that he might be revealed to Israel.” 32 And John testified - “I saw the Spirit descend from heaven like a dove, and remain upon him. 33 I didn’t know who he was, but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 And I (John) have seen this and I bear witness that this is the Son of God.”

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                   ~ 2 Corinthians 9:1-6 ~

1 - It’s not necessary for me to write to you about the help for the saints, 2 for I know your readiness, of which I boast about to the believers of Macedonia, saying that Achaia has been ready since last year. And your zeal has in turn stirred up most of them. 3 But I am sending the brothers so that our boasting about you may not prove empty in this matter, and so you may be ready. 4 Otherwise, it will be embarrassing for us all if some of the Macedonians should come with me and you’re not ready, but are surprised by us. 5 So I thought it good to have the brothers go on ahead to you, to arrange things in advance, so it is known as the willing and generous gift it is, not as an imposed obligation. 6 The thing about it is, whoever sows sparingly, will reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully - will reap bountifully.

                       ~*~

πŸ—️ [  ] - word insights, facts,

             cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

John 1:35-51

2 Corinthians 9:7-15

            A link to the reading schedule is pinned. 

               ✔️= posted

Acts last week, 19:1-20 ✔️

Rev/Apoc this week, 19:17-21 ✔️

Prophets - Isaiah summary ✔️ next, Daniel

       Prophets - Each part includes the previous parts also. Disclaimer, some are long.

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox! ~ πŸ—ž️πŸ“œ⛲️


No comments:

Post a Comment