Sunday, January 7, 2024

Jan-07 From Jn-3 2Cor-11

   a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

  GospeL Verses ~ John 3:13-24

13 - [Jesus continuing his talk with Nicodemus.] “No one has ascended into heaven, except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent (on a pole or cross) in the wilderness, in the same way must the Son of Man be lifted up (Jn.12:32). 15 So that whoever believes in him will has life. 16 “For God so loves the world, that he gives his only Son, that whoever believes in him will not perish but has life. 17 For God didn’t send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but so the world through him, will be saved. 18 Whoever believes in him is not judged [krinó - to judge, discern, decide] but whoever does not believe is judged already, because they have not believed in the name of the only begotten [monogenés - only, only begotten, unique, from mono - one-and-only, and génos - offspring, stock] (only straight out from God one) Son of God. 19 And this is the judgment (of the world) - the light has come into the world, and man (anthropoi) loves the darkness rather than light because their work is evil [ponéros - toilsome, bad, from pónos - pain, laborious trouble]. [Work - érgon - from ergō - to work, accomplish – érgon - work is a deed, action that carries out, completes an inner desire, intention, purpose. (Prophecy? Of the world’s works?)] 20 For whoever practices [prassó - to practice, perform] wicked [phaulos - worthless, bad, base] things hates the light. And doesn’t come to the light, lest their works be exposed. 21 But whoever practices what is true [alétheia - truth, straightforwardness, fact, reality, opposite of illusion] comes to the light, so that it may be manifest and clear that their works were done in God.”

     22 After this Jesus and his disciples went to the countryside of Judea, and they remained there and were baptizing. 23 John also was baptizing at Aenon, near Salim, because the water there was plentiful, and people were coming to be baptized. 24 For John had not yet been put in prison.

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

                  ~ 2 Corinthians 11:10-29

10 - Surely as the truth of Christ is in me, this boasting of mine will not be silenced in the regions of Achaia [most of Greece, a Roman province]. 11 And why? Because I don’t love you? God knows I do. 12 And what I’m doing I’ll continue to do, in order to undermine the claim of those who take any opportunity to be considered genuine in the things they boast about. 13 For such men are false apostles [pseudapostolos] deceitful workers, disguising themselves as messengers [apostolos] of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself [metaschématizó - to change in fashion or appearance, masquerade, from meta - bringing about change, after effect, and sxema - outward shape] into

an angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their ‘end’ [telos - end-aim] will correspond [kata - down, down from, with special reference to the terminus or end-point] to their deeds. 16 I repeat, let no one think me foolish. But if you do, accept me as a fool, that I may boast a little. 17 What I am saying with such boastful confidence, I say not as the Lord would, but as a fool! 18 Since many boast corresponding to human nature, I too will boast. 19 Because being wise, you gladly bear with fools. 20 For you put up with being enslaved or taken advantage of, even devoured. Or of putting on airs of exalting theirselves, which is a slap in the face! 21 I must say! To my shame, we were too weak for that. But whatever anyone else dares to boast of - I am speaking as a fool! - I also dare to boast of it. 22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they offspring of Abraham? So am I. 23 Are they servants of Christ? Well I am a better one - I am talking like a madman! - With far greater labors! Far more imprisonments, countless beatings, and often I have been near death. 24 Five times I received at the hands of the Jewish/Hebrew leaders the forty lashes minus one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. I was adrift at sea for a day and night. 26 On frequent journeys - in danger from rivers, in danger from robbers, in danger from my own people, in danger from Gentiles, in danger in the city, in danger in the wilderness, in danger at sea, in danger from false brothers. 27 In toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, and in cold and exposure. 28 And, apart from other things, there is the daily pressure on me of my anxiety for all the churches! 29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to fall, and I am not tormented [puroo - set on fire, glow with heat, purified by fire, to burn, flame, kindle (🗝️inner except results from earthly doings].

                       ~*~

🗝️ [  ] - word insights, facts,

             cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

John 3:25-4:2

2 Corinthians 11:30-12:5

            A link to the reading schedule is pinned.

               ✔️= posted

Acts this week, 19:21-41 ✔️

Rev/Apoc this week, 19:17-21 ✔️

Prophets - Isaiah summary ✔️ next, Daniel

       Prophets - Each part includes the previous parts also. Disclaimer, some are long.

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox! ~ 🗞️📜⛲️


No comments:

Post a Comment