Monday, January 8, 2024

Jan-08 From Jn-3 4 2Cor-11 12

   a paraphrased scripture study

          - - - - - - - - - - - -

  GospeL Verses ~ John 3:25-4:2

25 - A discussion rose up between some of John's disciples and a Hebrew (likely leader, sowing division, discord?) over purification [katharismos - literal or moral cleansing, root of catharsis]. 26 And John’s disciples returned and said to John, “Rabbi, he who was with you across the Jordan, the one you bore witness of, he is baptizing, and everyone is going to him!” 27 But John said, “A person cannot receive even one gift unless it is given to them from heaven. 28 You yourselves know that I said I am not the Christ, but have been sent before him. 29 The one who has the bride - is the bridegroom. The friend of the bridegroom, who stands and is listening for his voice (the call to the wedding) rejoices greatly when he hears it. So this joy of mine is now complete! 30 He will increase, but I must decrease. 31 He who comes from above is above all. The ones of earth, belong to earth, and speak in an earthly way. He who comes from heaven is above all, and 32 bears witness to that which he has seen and heard, yet no one receives his testimony. 33 Whoever receives his testimony sets his seal to this - that God is true. 34 For he whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for to him he gives the Spirit without measure. 35 The Father loves the Son. And has given all [pas - all, every — translators have taken the liberty to add the word things to this verse and quite a few others] (the Father has given all) into his hand. 36 And whoever believes in the Son has life, whoever does not obey the Son does not (yet!) see life, but the wrath of God (still) remains upon them. 4:1 Now when Jesus heard how the Pharisees had learned that he was making and baptizing more disciples than John, 2 though Jesus was not baptizing, but only his disciples.. (he left the areas of Judea / around Jerusalem, and headed back to the region of Galilee).

         - - - - - - - - - - - -

From New Testament Letters

     (In the Order Believed Written)

               ~ 2 Corinthians 11:30-12:5

30 - If I must boast, I (Paul) will boast of the things that show my weakness. 31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is blessed forever, knows I’m not lying. 32 At Damascus, the governor under King Aretas was guarding the city of Damascus in order to arrest and seize me. 33 But I was let down in a basket through a window in the city wall and I escaped. 12 I must go on boasting, though there is nothing to be gained by it. I will now go on to visions and revelations of the Lord. 2 For I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. (In the revelation vision the sphere of the larger, predator birds is called midheaven, so being “mid” heavens, there is the lower little bird heavens, so third heaven is higher than them.) Whether bodily there, or not, I don’t know, God knows. 3 But I know he (Paul himself? vs.11:12) was caught up into paradise whether bodily or not I don’t know, God knows. 4 And he heard things that cannot be said, which man may not utter. 5 On behalf of this one I will boast, but on my own behalf, I will not boast, except of my weaknesses.

                       ~*~

🗝️ [  ] - word insights, facts,

             cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

Tomorrow’s Verses:

Matthew 4:12-17

2 Corinthians 12:6-12

            A link to the reading schedule is pinned.

               ✔️= posted

Acts last week, 19:21-41 ✔️

Rev/Apoc last week, 19:17-21 ✔️

Prophets - Isaiah summary ✔️ next, Daniel

       Prophets - Each part includes the previous parts also. Disclaimer, some are long.

Is.11:7 - The lion will eat straw like the ox! ~ 🗞️📜⛲️


No comments:

Post a Comment